Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Colorless

our colors run
together
into deep black

your blue
eyes meet
my green

skin
subtle ivory
blushes pink
with the imprint
of your touch

curled strands of
gold, bronze, copper
secured tightly
in your hand

ice-gray sheets
twist beneath coverlets of
crimson, ochre, aqua
wrap around feet
and hold down limbs
searching release
from bonds

music in soft hues
of sienna, chestnut,
and caramel
sift through the air
muffling false protests

the magenta feather
the sterling implements
the tawny candle
smelling of vanilla

which we are not

dancing shadows
punctuate the amber glow

and the sounds are hardly words

they take on the qualities
of sight, smell, taste, touch

clear sweat
the last thing I witness
dripping down your neck
onto the pillow

I close my eyes
to black
breathe in the sweet
and sour
salt of the body

swimming in the ether
of sensory overload
and absence of thought

colorless
and
utterly spent





This has been a Wicked Wednesday post.  Click HERE to see who else is being wicked this week.



8 comments:

  1. Colourful erotic poetry at its finest :)

    ~Kazi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful piece of poetry :) Thoroughly enjoyed reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. An amazing sensory explosion of words. If you cannot close your eyes and be 'there' while reading it you have no imagination.. period.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sensual words, in particular this "I close my eyes
    to black
    breathe in the sweet
    and sour
    salt of the body"

    is a truly powerful piece.

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dance of words, so colorful and sexy :)

    Rebel xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all! I've been off my writing game for awhile, so this one was hard to write - had to get my "word legs" again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beauty in this, I wonder how I missed it.

    ReplyDelete