Monday, April 30, 2012

There Is Never a Second First Time

Cento:
 
From the Latin word for "patchwork," the cento (or collage poem) is a 
poetic form made up of lines from poems by other poets. Though poets 
often borrow lines from other writers and mix them in with their own, a 
true cento is composed entirely of lines from other sources.
 
 
 
There Is Never a Second First Time (a Cento poem)
 
I remember the desperate things we did.
 
Pink lips, the serrate
folds taste smooth, and Rosehip-
round, the center bud I suck.
 
Your heart beats in that belly 
where the double sex sleeps. 
 
Fill me with the wild white honey of your words
and then leave me to the mercy
of the forest bees.
 
How do you peel away each desire
like ponderous clothes, one at a time,
until what's underneath is known? 
 
I think about your sex. 

Hard to imagine getting
anywhere near another semi-
nude encounter.
 
Oh, to be ready for it, unfucked, ever-fucked.

You arrive at night inspired and drunk,
Our mirrored desires bubbling from the most unlikely places.
 
I felt your hot wrist shiver  
and suddenly the mad victory I planned
flashed real, in your burning bending head.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment